Saturday , September 25 2021

Over 100 fall ill after consuming sweet in wedding reception

Udaipur : More than 100 people reportedly suffered of food poisoning who were admitted  in the civil hospitals at Jhallara  and Salumber  on Tuesday late night. These people had attended  a wedding reception and eaten ‘RasMalai’ which was  perhaps contaminated, sources said.Initially 10 people complained of loose motions, vomitting and other food poisoning symptoms, gradually the number of  sufferers increased and they were rushed on vehicles to nearby hospital, a primary health centre at Jhallara. The incident happened around 9 pm  and so there was no doctor to attend patients when they reached there. On being  informed, the CMHO alerted the block medical officer who arranged and sent a team to Jhallara which attended the patients around 11pm. According to sources, the marriage ceremony was hosted by a tailor family and more than 500 people had been  invited who ate the food, however, those who consumed the Rasmalai were said to have complained of food poisoning. The food inspector’s team on wednesday was told to have collected the sample from the contaminated sweet stock.

Please share this news
<div id="taboola-below-article-thumbnails"></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
  window._taboola = window._taboola || [];
    mode: 'thumbnails-a',
    container: 'taboola-below-article-thumbnails',
    placement: 'Below Article Thumbnails',
    target_type: 'mix'