Candidates who have successfully submitted the application form can download CAT Admit card released by IIM Calcutta on 24 October from the official website of CAT in 5 simple steps. To download the admit card students need to enter the User ID and Password.
Students are advised to take the printout of the admit card and keep it safe till the admission process ends. Because without the admit card entry to the examination centre will be prohibited. Admit card will be downloaded in the online mode only. It will not be sent to the applicant’s address via email or post.
Steps to download CAT 2018 Admit Card
For downloading the CAT Admit card students need to follow the below steps:
- Open the official website of CAT i.e. iimcat.ac.in
- Log in to the website using User ID and Password
- Click on the Login button
- Simply click on the third icon i.e. “Admit Card”
After clicking on the icon, the admit card will be displayed on the screen. Students should take the printout of the admit card for future use.
Details mentioned on the CAT Admit card
The most important document that students must carry on the examination day is Admit card. So, before downloading it students must carefully check all the below mentioned details:
- Name of the Candidate
- Registration Number
- Date of Birth
- Photo and Signature of the Candidate
- Examination Date and Day
- Exam Time and venue
- Examination test city
Documents to carry along with the Admit Card
Following are the various documents that students must carry along with them on the examination day. In the case of missing any document students will not get an entry in the examination hall. Documents are:
- CAT Admit Card with an attested photograph.
- Anyone valid and original Identity proof from (College ID, Employer ID, Driving License, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhar Card)
- Identification Affidavit
- Scribe affidavit (If required)
How to recover the password to download the CAT Admit card?
Having a password is very important for downloading the CAT Admit card. If somehow students have forgotten the password then he/she should follow the below steps to retrieve it. The steps are:
- Open the official website of CAT
- Visit the CAT Login link
- Click on the “Forgot user ID and Password” option
- To get the login details to enter the registered E-mail ID and captcha.
- Click on the “Get User ID/ Password” button
- Students will shortly receive an email on their registered email ID.
- Now students will be able to download the Admit card
3 New changes in the CAT Admit Card
The changes introduced in the CAT Admit card are as follows:
Google Map Link
For the very first time, Google map is linked to locating the CAT test centre on the electronic versions of all the CAT admit card
CAT admit card also contains an emergency contact number for the very first time. This number is the candidate’s second number asked by the IIMs in the past.
The reference number to find a CAT test room
Reference number helps you to identify the floor/ wing/ testing room at the test centre. In the case of any correspondence with the test centre, students must provide his/ her registration number.
The discrepancy in CAT Admit card
In the case, if students found any discrepancy in the Admit card then they should immediately contact the concerned authority/ board. Students can also contact the helpdesk between 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. The helpdesk information is as:
Toll-Free Number: 1800-266-0207
Helpdesk email address: [email protected]
Type of Discrepancies
The various types of discrepancies that students can find in the admit cards are as follows:
- Misspelt Name
- PwD /DA status is incorrect
- If allotted test city is different
- The photograph is not visible
- Difficulty in downloading admit card even after successful registration
Before appearing in the exam students must follow the below-mentioned instructions:
- Students must reach the examination centre 30 minutes before the commencement of the exam
- Must bring the printout of the Admit card and original Photo ID proof inside the test hall
- Any kind of electronic gadget like a watch, mobile phones, earphones, microphones, health band, etc are totally prohibited
- Students wearing shoes or any closed footwear will have to leave the footwear outside the examination hall
- Students whose fingerprints are not digitally scanned may not sit in the test
- Rough sheets and pencils will be provided inside the examination hall