Rajasthan High Court Lifts Stay on Animal Attendant Recruitment 2023; Results Expected This Month

Jodhpur, August 4 (H.S.) – The Rajasthan High Court has lifted the stay on the Animal Attendant Recruitment 2023 process, clearing the way for appointments to 6,433 posts. The court dismissed the petition that had challenged the use of the scaling method for normalising marks, terming the process valid and in accordance with expert recommendations.

Rajasthan High Court

Over 17 lakh applications had been received for this recruitment. Following the High Court’s decision, the Rajasthan Staff Selection Board is expected to release the results soon.

Justice Rekha Borana, while hearing the matter, stated that the recruitment process was conducted following standards set by experts and found no grounds for judicial interference. On July 24, 2025, the court also dismissed all stay orders and pending petitions related to the matter. The original petition had been filed on May 9, 2025, and an interim stay was imposed on May 13, 2025.

Results Likely by End of August

Rajasthan Staff Selection Board Chairman Alok Raj said that following the court’s decision, the board will release the results shortly. Every effort will be made to ensure that the results are declared by the end of August.

Petitioners Who Challenged the Process

The scaling formula was challenged in the High Court by Nitesh Patidar (Dungarpur), Mahesh Kumar (Didwana-Kuchaman), Himanshu Suthar (Dungarpur), Rakesh Rule (Churu), Ankit Kumar (Sri Ganganagar), Ashok Jat (Chittorgarh), Sukhlal Upadhyay (Churu), Rakesh Rinwa (Nagaur), Manaram (Barmer), Dilip Singh (Sirohi), Altaf Qureshi (Nagaur), Manju Bala (Ganganagar), Vipul Kumar (Banswara), Sachin Ganolia (Churu), and Krishnapal Singh (Pali).

What the Court Said

Justice Rekha Borana observed that it was clearly stated in the June 5, 2024 circular that the written exam would be held in multiple shifts and the normalisation process would be applied. Hence, all candidates were aware of this condition, and none had objected at that time.

The court reiterated the legal principle that a candidate who participates in the recruitment process without objection cannot later challenge its conditions after being declared unsuccessful. The judgement referenced the Supreme Court ruling in Tajveer Singh Sodhi & Others vs. State of Jammu & Kashmir & Others [(2023) 17 SCC 147], which upheld this principle.

Petitioners’ Argument

The petitioners contended that the results declared on April 3, 2025, used a scaling formula that was not mentioned in the recruitment advertisement dated October 6, 2023. According to the advertisement, only negative marking was mentioned, where one mark would be awarded for each correct answer and ¼ mark would be deducted for each wrong answer.

They further argued that the advertisement made no mention of scaling, normalisation, or rationalisation. Additionally, they pointed out that raw marks and category-wise cut-off marks were not published along with the results.

BREAKING NEWS:
Get 365-day plans under ₹2000 before price hike! IPL 2026: Vaibhav Sooryavanshi Leads in Sixes! Rajasthan Royals lose despite Sooryavanshi’s fiery innings: Key culprits!