Taking care of lips and finding the right lip colour to flaunt may sound very complicated and tough but it is actually not.
Here are some basic things to follow if one wants soft lips and try to choose the right colours to fill then up.
- One should always exfoliate their lips and this should be done at least twice a week. One can also scrub them before wearing a matte liquid lipstick that can actually highlight the unevenness and flaky patches on the lips. One can rub the lips gently with a soft toothbrush or else one can rub some sugar granules on the lips to get a proper exfoliation done. There are also a lot of lip scrubbers available in the market which one can use.
- Using a lip protection is a must. Lips are the thinnest part of the body and they are more susceptible to sun damage than any other part of the body. When one applies lip gloss then it can magnify the UV rays making the lips burn more. So, one need to use a lip balm which is at least SPF 30 before applying lipsticks and going out.
- There is no point in staying away from bright lip colours. When one is picking up bright lip colours, they need to choose depending on the natural colour of the lip, not depending on the skin tone. If one has naturally reddish lips then they can try orange or pink shades. In case of dark lips one can go for maroon or plums.
- When one is going for a nude lip colour then one can go for a slightly deeper and brighter than the skin tone. This can be the best tip to pick up the right nude colours for yourself.
- There is no point in wasting money on lip liners. They are no longer necessary. But if one wants to enhance their lips and create more symmetry then one can use a pencil that matches the lip colour and not the lipstick colour.
- In order to get soft edges one needs to focus on the application of the lipsticks. One can just smudge the border of the lips for a slight diffused effect and this can give rise to a fuller and dimensional lips.
- When one is applying any shade of lipstick then one should start from the centre of the lips and then try to blend the colour towards the corner of the lips. Then there is hardly any chance for over application.
- In order to make the lipstick stay for a long time, one needs to apply it straight from the tube and then blot it with a tissue. Blotting can create a base and there is a second coast that can add some shine on the cover.
- One can always try glitter lips with a base of a creamy and nude lipstick.
Tom Ford India has a great collection of lip colours and lip gloss that one can try.