Monday , October 25 2021

Elderly man burnt alive after Jio mobile explodes inside clothes

‘Jio Phone purchased under the govt scheme’

Udaipur : Keeping mobile phone inside vest proved fatal for a 60-year-old man in Netavalgarh Pachhli village in Chittorgarh who was burnt alive when his clothes caught fire due to the Jio phone blast. Kishore Singh son of NandSingh Rajput forgot to take out his mobile phone from inside his vest’s pocket. He went to sleep and around 2.30 am woke up to urinate.

As he came back in the room, suddenly the mobile phone exploded with a huge sound and his clothes were in flames. By the time his shocked wife could understand anything and call for help, the old man was burnt to a great extent. He was taken to hospital where doctor declared him dead. Family told the police that two months ago Kishore Singh had brought the mobile connection and device under the state government’s scheme and had paid 1100/- for it.

The body was given to the family after autopsy, an accident case has been taken by the Kotwali police station. Frightened by the incident some of the villagers have discarded their phones brought under the same scheme claiming the handset quality to be poor.

Please share this news
<div id="taboola-below-article-thumbnails"></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
  window._taboola = window._taboola || [];
    mode: 'thumbnails-a',
    container: 'taboola-below-article-thumbnails',
    placement: 'Below Article Thumbnails',
    target_type: 'mix'