Udaipur : A man was lethally electrocuted after heavy tension wire fell on him near Potalia by-pass road in Kushalgarh block of Banswara district on Thursday. SevaRam son of Bhagji resident of Ogaliya village in Mandsaur (MP) was a salesman who sold bed sheets and blankets door to door. According to sources, the deceased was on his routine round to sell the items while passing under a high tension line,the wires accidentally fell on him.
His bike instantly caught fire and before Sevaram could understand anything, he was caught in the flames. He shouted for help,and hearing his cries people rushed to help.Since it was a live wire water couldnt be used to hold it and therefore people poured sand to put off the fire,however, the victim had died by then. Block level authorities including the SDM and tehsildar too arrived at the spot.
The body was shifted to mortuary and later evening an autopsy was held after his family members arrived from Mandsaur. ” There was some construction work going on the road so the victim was passing through the roadside when suddenly the aluminium wire fell on him and caught fire. The victim’s body parts below the abdomen were completely charred. How the wire fell down will be investigated”said Ambalal Chohan, ASI,Kushalgarh police station.