Common Admission Test or CAT is one of the most important management entrance examinations to be conducted by Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta. CAT 2018 is just 45 days away so it’s quite common for students to get nervous for the examination. With increasing number of students participating in CAT, the level of examination as well as the competition is increasing every year.
In this era of heavy competition, it is very important that you use your time cautiously. You can go through the tips provided by CAT 2017 toppers which can do the needful to excel in CAT 2018 and clear CAT Cutoff. Keep reading the article to know more about CAT 2017 Topper’s tips.
Tips from CAT 2017 Topper to make optimal use of every minute
CAT 2017 topper has suggested that it is not necessary to stick to the tough study schedule, coaching or 16 hours of study daily and practice but the smart way of CAT preparation that lead you to ace CAT 2018 with good percentile. CAT topper has advised the students to follow the tips mentioned below to clear the MBA entrance examination:
- Complete CAT Syllabus within Deadlines – Plan your syllabus and don’t forget to set deadlines for yourself. For an examination like CAT, there is a vast syllabus that you need to cover within a limited time frame. Make short targets and try to fulfill them as this will definitely help you in being motivated. It is advised that you should study each and every topic as this will help in clearing your doubts.
- Time bound practice for each type of questions – According to statements made by CAT 2017 topper, it is very important that you focus on time bound practice. This is the only thing which will help you in clearing CAT 2018. Don’t forget that there is no substitute of hardwork, the more you study the larger will be the chances of your qualifying CAT 2018.
- Don’t refer so many books – According to Swapnil from Ahmedabad, don’t refer to more than two books on a particular subject. Too many books always create confusion in your mind. Some books are available in market which provides questions having greater difficulty level as compared to CAT, so studying from such kind of books won’t do any good to you.
- Enroll for Mock Test Series – Enroll yourself for the CAT 2018 mock test series. Mock tests are really very helpful as they provide you a better knowledge of the exam pattern and improve your time management skills to a large extent. Just keep calm and focus on your studies.
- Section wise Preparation – Do not concentrate just on one section and leave other sections. In order to succeed in MBA entrance examination, all you need to do is to master all the sections. You can also attempt section-wise mock tests for CAT 2018. There are numerous websites which offer good quality sectional and overall mock tests for your practice.
Apart from the above mentioned points, your hardwork is the other most important part of your preparation. The toppers tips will definitely help you out but it’s totally your strategy to plan the syllabus cautiously and study accordingly. So, never lose hope and just concentrate on your studies.