Over 1700 college students of Udaipur learn importance of road safety with Honda
Udaipur : Firmly believing that awareness on road safety should start from youth to make a safer India of tomorrow, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) brought its road safety awareness initiative to Udaipur for the first time. Honda conducted its National Road Safety Awareness camp in Indo-American college, Udaipur. Over 1700 students were sensitized on importance of road safety, be it as a new or future two-wheeler rider or even a pedestrian.
Nationally, Honda 2Wheelers India started its biggest ever National Road Safety Awareness programme exclusively for young college students in January 2019. Every month, Honda is spreading road safety awareness to more than 15,000 students of 10 colleges across India. This corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiative of Honda has already educated over 66,000 college students across 31 cities. After Jaipur and Bhilwara, Udaipur is third city in Rajasthan where Honda conducted the mega-activity to sensitized students of importance of road-safety.
Speaking on why Honda is reaching out to college students and the need for greater road safety awareness, Mr. Prabhu Nagaraj, Vice President – Brand & Communication, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Road Safety is the core pillar of Honda’s corporate social responsibility. The youth of today are not only road users of today but future two-wheeler riders as well. The aim of Honda National Road Safety awareness campaign for college students is to spread awareness on road safety from the very beginning to ensure a safer India on roads. We are delighted that over 1700 youth of Udaipur participated in this camp and took #TheSafetyPromise with Honda. As a responsible corporate, Honda will further expand this initiative to other cities across India.”
More than selling two-wheelers, Honda believes in realizing Safety for Everyone and its responsibility is not two-wheelers riders of today but road users – be it pillions, passengers or even pedestrians of all ages. To spread road safety among Udaipur’s youth Honda conducted different activities:
- SCIENTIFIC THEORY LEARNING MODULE: Honda’s skilled instructors set the foundation with theory sessions for students on road rules, traffic signs and safe riding etiquettes like correct riding posture etc.
- INTERACTIVE VIRTUTAL LEARNING: With many college students either being new or potential future riders, Honda focussed on increasing the risk prediction ability of students on roads before actual riding. Students experienced over 100 possible dangers on road on Honda’s virtual riding simulator.
- IMPROVING SKILL OF EXISTING RIDERS: Those students who are already existing riders tested and improved their riding skills through slow riding activities and riding on narrow planks.
- 45 FEMALE STUDENTS BECAME INDEPENDENT RIDERS: Honda’s safety instructors empowered 45 female students to independently ride a two-wheeler in just 4 hours under Dream Riding program – designed exclusively for women.
- LEARNING BECAME FUN: To ensure that the young students could learn more about road safety, Honda also conducted fun educational activities like road safety games and quizzes on daily basis.
Honda’s CSR commitment towards Road Safety:
For Honda globally, road safety comes first. Honda has been promoting road safety in India since its inception in 2001 and has already spread road safety awareness to 25 lac Indians. Under its CSR commitment, Honda’s safety riding and training programmes held daily at its 14 adopted traffic parks across India (2 in Delhi, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Yeola, Hyderabad, Chennai, Ludhiana, Coimbatore, Trichy, Karnal and Thane).