Unhealthy diet increases the risk of many illnesses. Diet is an essential part of yoga.
DIETARY PRINCIPLES IN YOGA
– Do not eat anything for at least one and a half hour after waking up
– Drink a luke-warm water in the morning
– Lunch may be taken around 12 noon
– Take dinner two to three hours before sleep
– Dinner may be taken around 6.30 pm
– Breakfast must be healthy and nutritious
– Take the breakfast within two hours of waking – up
Satvik ahar is a diet that offers your body a great basis for yogic practices. Satvik ahaar or yogic diet help to maintain the same energized, light feeling that is achieved through yoga.
DIET IN YOGA
– As per yoga shastra, half of the stomach should be filled with food
– One fourth of the stomach should be filled with water
– The remaining one fourth part of the stomach should remain empty
– Avoid over eating
– Eating in the right quantity helps in easy digestion
– Avoid drinking too much water along with the meals
– Meals should preferably be taken at the regular timings
– Take meals in a quiet and calm environment
SATVIK AHAR (YOGIC DIET)
– Diet must have variety of foods
– Include more fruits and vegetables in the diet
Following the principles of healthy eating and having a yogic diet can help you attain a higher level of spirituality by generating positive energy. Make the effort to create a new life balance for yourself through a Yogic diet.