Saturday , September 18 2021

Two kids burnt alive in Pratapgarh

Udaipur : In a heart rendering incident, two kids who were fast asleep, were charred to death as a chimney hanging from the ceiling fell over them and caught fire. The incident took place on tuesdaynight in shakkarkand village of Dhariyawad block in Pratapgarh district. Punjilal and his wife Lachhudi were sleeping with their son Amra (8) and daughter Seema (6) in their hut. The couple had lit a chimney and hung it over the bed where the kids were sleeping so as to keep them warm. While the family were asleep, the chimney fell down and the quilt caught fire immediately. By the time the couple woke up, the flames had engulfed entire room and the kids had been charred. The mother tried to recue the kids and sustained serious burn injuries in turn while Punjilal too got burnt. The couple were admitted in Mungana hospital.

According to sources, burn deaths are often reported from tribal blocks as people generally keep the lighted lamps or chimneys overnight  to keep themselves warm in extreme cold weather. In Udaipur, over an year ago, a differently abled couple were burnt alive in Dera Phala under Parsad police station area. Similarly, a 75-year old man too had met a tragic end when his mud house caught fire due to chimney fall in the midnight in Kalyan Phala village under Jhallara police station.

Please share this news
<div id="taboola-below-article-thumbnails"></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
  window._taboola = window._taboola || [];
    mode: 'thumbnails-a',
    container: 'taboola-below-article-thumbnails',
    placement: 'Below Article Thumbnails',
    target_type: 'mix'