India Post commenced celebration of the National Postal Week , starting with World Post Day which is celebrated each year on 9th October, the anniversary of the establishment of the Universal Postal Union (UPU) in 1874 in Berne. The purpose of World Post Day is to create awareness of the role of the postal sector in people’s and businesses’ everyday lives and its contribution to the social and economic development of countries. Moving a step ahead, Department of Posts celebrates National Postal week undertaking programme/ activities aimed at generating a broader awareness of its role and activities among the public and media on a national scale.
Following is the schedule for celebration of World Post Day & National Postal Week for this year:-
|9th October 2020||Friday||World Post Day|
|10th October 2020||Saturday||Banking Day|
|12th October 2020||Monday||PLI Day|
|13th October 2020||Tuesday||Philately Day|
|14th October 2020||Wednesday||Business Development Day|
|15th October 2020||Thursday||Mails Day|
A number of activities have been been planned/ proposed in this connection:
a. Activities at Circle Level:
- Spruce-up and cleaning of all Post Offices, mail offices and administrative offices along with removal of old hoardings/outdated notices and weeding out of old records etc.
- Firm up various activities to be organised at Circle level for the National Postal week.
- iii. Contact current and potential corporate customers on the Business Development Day.
- iv. Plan and make arrangements for organizing virtual camps/workshops for philately, opening SB Accounts, IPPB Accounts, Aadhaar seeding and getting PLI/RPLI proposals on the respective days.
- Circle Heads to write to their premium customers thanking them for giving their business to the Department.
- vi. Online awareness campaign may be organised to create awareness about new offerings and availability of citizen centric services in Post Offices viz. POPSK, Aadhar Enrolment &Updation facility, CSC facilities India Post PRS Centres, availability of Gangajal etc.
- Day wise activities during National Postal Week:
- World Post Day: Organizing Post Forum meeting within Post Offices premises, Posting news items related to World Post Day and National Postal week celebrations on websites of Circles; Workshops for staff on soft skills, public interaction & general courtesy. No circle will release any advertisement in print media on this day.
- Banking Day: Organizing Savings Bank Camps/Melas so that maximum number of POSB/ IPPB Accounts can be opened on the occasion of Banking Day and general public is made aware about saving bank products of the Department. Further with the roll out of IPPB branches and access points, awareness is being spread amongst public about the new facilities such as AEPS and features as well as advantages so as to open maximum number of accounts.
- Postal Life Insurance Day: PLI Claim settlement may also be given priority so that pendency in claim settlement is minimised by PLI Day.
- Philately Day: Philately Division is planning and organizing events at the National Philatelic Museum on all days during the National Postal week. Philately Division is also considering launching Philately merchandise (ties, scarves, bags, mugs etc based on stamp themes) on Philately Day. Circles are opening new PD Accounts and ensure that there is no pendency in serving existing PD Accounts on Philately day.
- Business Development Day: Circles will interact with current and potential customers on BD Day.
- Mail Day: Highlighting role of Postmen keeping in mind the COVID-19 situation. Efforts will be made to use PMA cent per cent so that delivery information is available and customer has no occasion to complain.