Tuesday , September 21 2021

He was abnormal but not inhumane, claim neighbours; Accused in 3 days police remand


Udaipur : An ACJM (additional chief judicial magistrate) court at Rajsamand ordered 3-days in police custody for Shambulal Raigar, the 38-year old man who hacked and later burnt the body of a West Bengal labourer on Wednesday in the city area. The accused’s 15-year-old nephew who had shooted the video clips of the brutal murder, was produced before the bench of magistrates of the Child Welfare Committee which ordered the boy to be sent to state’s reformatory home for juvenile delinquents.

Meanwhile, tension brewed up in Hussaini Chowk of the city in the afternoon when two factions of the muslim community messed up with one another. Groups exchanged verbal spat over taking out a procession against the ghory act and sensing a tension, police force rushed in and exerted slight force to disperse the mob. The situation is compeletly under control, said SP Manoj Chowdhary. DGP OmPrakash Gehlotra is expected to arrive by night to take stock of the situation, the officer said.

Police stations have been asked to be on high alert and vigilant to any slightest provokement, department sources said. Shambulal’s wife Sushila, two daughters and a son have been kept in police station from their security point of view. His two brothers who had been detained were allowed to go home.

Earlier the day, Shambulal was brought under tight security to the court. Additional forces from Kumbalgarh, Rajnagar and Kelwada had escorted the accused to the court and back to the police station. ” During the remand period we will thoroughly quizz him to know the actual motive behind the murder. His claims that he murdered Affrazul because the latter was threatening to kill his entire family is baseless. Had there been any animosity between the two, Affrazul would have never accompanied Shambulal to his fieldfarm on the fateful day” said a senior officer. Shambulal had confessed that he had taken Affrazul to his farm on pretext of getting some digging work done and therefore he had carried a pickaxe along. He also carried kerosene oil in a bottle which he poured on the body andset it ablaze.

Please share this news
<div id="taboola-below-article-thumbnails"></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
  window._taboola = window._taboola || [];
    mode: 'thumbnails-a',
    container: 'taboola-below-article-thumbnails',
    placement: 'Below Article Thumbnails',
    target_type: 'mix'