Union Public Service Commission has officially released notification for Combined Medical Services(CMS) 2017 Examination on April 26, 2017. The last date to apply online is on or before May 19, 2017. The selection of candidates will be done based on an online written examination and the Personality Test conducted by UPSC.
UPSC CMS 2017 Examination is going to be conducted on August 12, 2017, by UPSC for recruiting aspirants in the medical services and posts available under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. Aspirants having desire to get into the Government Medical Services are required to qualify UPSC CMS 2017 Examination.
UPSC CMS 2017: Vacancy Details
There are about 710 vacancies to be filled on the basis of UPSC CMS 2017 Examination Process.
|Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways||450|
|Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Services||26|
|Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services||216|
|General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council||2|
|General Duty Medical Grade-II in East, North and South Delhi Municipal Corporation||16|
UPSC CMS 2017: Important Dates
The Important dates of UPSC CMS 2017 are mentioned below:
|Publication of notification||April 26, 2017|
|Commencement of application process||April 26, 2017|
|Last date of application process||May 19, 2017|
|Downloading of admit card||3 week prior to Examination|
|Examination date (UPSC CMS 2017)||August 13, 2017|
|Results declaration||September/October 2017|
UPSC CMS 2017: Eligibility
Before applying for UPSC CMS 2017Exam, all candidates must be aware of the eligibility criteria set by UPSC. Candidates applying for Combined Medical Services must qualify the following criteria set by UPSC to be eligible for the Post.
- Candidates age should have less than 32 years as on January 1, 2017.
- An MBBS degree from an MCI recognised university in India.
- Candidates appearing for final year MBBS exam are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates from India/Bhutan and Nepal can apply for the exam.
- Refugees from Tibet who have settled in the country before January 01, 1962.
- Candidates of India origin who have migrated from countries like Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma and East African countries consisting of Kenya, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia, Ethiopia, Vietnam, Zaire with intention of settling down in India.
Physical and Medical Standards:
- Candidates must be physically and medically fit according to the physical/medical standards for the UPSC CMS Examination 2017.
UPSC CMS 2017: How To Apply (Application Process)
UPSC CMS 2017 Application Form will be available via online mode through the UPSC website. UPSC CMS 2017 Registration will be done in two parts. In the registration Part I, candidates have to fill their personal, qualification, communication & other required details. After completing Part I, candidates will receive the registration number. In the registration Part II, students have to select the exam centres and make the fee payment through online or offline mode. Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature.
Candidates can check the stepwise procedure on How to Fill UPSC CMS 2017 Application Form below:
Part I – UPSC CMS 2017 Registration
In Part I registration, the applicants have to fill in all the necessary information, particulars and details as asked.
- Name: Candidates will have to enter the name as recorded in the Matriculation/Secondary examination certificate.
- Date of Birth: Candidates date of birth must as recorded in the Matriculation/Secondary examination certificate
- Father’s & Mother’s Name: While entering father’s and mother’s name applicant should not use any prefix such as Shri or Dr., etc.
- Marital Status
- Educational Qualifications
- Address: Candidates should fill the correct address for communication, including his/her mobile number and e-mail address
After filling in the above information, click on ‘Continue’ button at bottom of the page to go to the next step i.e. Part II of UPSC CMS 2017 application form. Candidates will be provided with Registration ID through SMS or E-Mail after completion of Part-I
Part II – Payment of Examination Fee; Image Uploading, Exam Centre Selection & Declaration Form
This stage of UPSC CMS 2017 application process involves three steps.
- Payment of examination fees
The application fee of UPSC CMS 2017 will be Rs. 200 which candidates can pay either by submitting the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net-banking/Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card of SBI. Candidates who belong to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), a female candidate and a candidate who is physically handicapped will be exempted from the examination fee.
- Selection of exam centres
Candidates will have to select exam centre for UPSC CMS 2017 Examination from the given list of cities. Allotment of the examination centres will be done on the first-apply-first-allotment basis.
- Uploading of Photograph and Signature
- Applicants will have to upload their photograph and signature in ‘.jpeg’ format.
- The dimension of the photograph should not exceed 40 KB and must not be less than 3 KB in size.
- The scanned image of the signature of candidates should not be less than 1 KB in size.
- Candidates will have to click on ‘Confirm Upload’ button to submit their photograph and signature.
After completing Part-I and Part-II of UPSC CMS 2017 Application form,applicants are advised to take a printout of their completed application right after they have completed the application process.
UPSC CMS 2017: Admit Card
Candidates can download UPSC CMS 2017 Admit card from the official website of UPSC. The Admit card will be released about three weeks prior to the examination. UPSC CMS 2017 Admit card will be issued by the Commission to all the registered candidates in online mode only. Candidate should keep their Admit card with them during the examination along with the photo identity card as identity proof of the candidate so that they won’t face any problem while giving the exam.
Steps to Download UPSC CMS 2017 Admit Card:
- Go to the official website of UPSC.
- Go for the link e-Admit Card – Combined Medical Services Examination 2017.
- Go through the instructions published by UPSC.
- Click on the link “Download Admit card”.
- Enter login details i.e. either roll number and date of birth, or father’s name and date of birth, or Registration ID and date of birth.
- Download and print the UPSC CMS 2017 Admit card.
- Ensure all the details are printed correctly on the Admit
- Candidates should contact UPSC, in a case of any discrepancy.
UPSC CMS 2017: Exam Centers
The Examination will be held at various centres in the following cities:
UPSC CMS 2017: Exam Pattern
UPSC CMS 2017 Examination will be in Online mode. The exam will be conducted in its two parts i.e. Part I and Part II respectively. Part I will be a computer based test consisting two papers. Each paper will consist of 250 marks and the time duration specified for each paper is 2 hours. Part II will be a Personality test consisting 100 marks. Only those candidates who will qualify Part I of the examination will be permitted to appear in Part II exam.
|Gynaecology & Obstetrics||40|
|Preventive & Medicine||40|
Personality Test – Personality Test carries 100 marks.
UPSC CMS 2017: Cut Off
Minimum cut off marks is the minimum score set by the UPSC to shortlist the eligible candidates for the next round of UPSC CMS 2017 Examination.
UPSC CMS 2017 Cut off will be published few days after the declaration of Written Exam Results. Only those students who will score more than the cutoff marks will be considered as the qualified candidates and will be called for further Selection process i.e. Personality Test.
Given below is the category wise Cut off marks for the UPSC CMS 2016:
Minimum qualifying marks approved by UPSC at the Written Exam of UPSC CMS 2016 Examination:-
|S.No.||Category||Marks* Out of 500|
- Subject to minimum 30% marks in each paper for non-PH candidates and a minimum of 15% in each paper for PH-1 candidates.
Minimum Marks secured by the Recommended candidate of UPSC CMS 2016 Examination:-
|S.No.||Category||Marks Out of 600|
UPSC CMS 2017: Result and Selection Procedure
Results of UPSC CMS 2017 Written Examination will be announced in the month of September or October 2017.UPSC will publish the list of the qualified candidates for the next round on their official website. Candidates who will qualify the written test will be called for Personality Test. All the candidates can check their results for each stage and verify if they have qualified for the next round or not.
Candidates who will qualify the written examination will be called for UPSC CMS 2017 Personality Test. The Personality test will carry 100 marks. The personality test is conductedto test the general knowledge and ability of the candidates in the fields of their academic study and also nature of a personality test to assess the candidate’s intellectual curiosity, critical powers of assimilation, balance of judgement and alertness of mind, the ability for social cohesion, initiative capability for leadership.
Final Selection of candidates into UPSC Combined Medical Services would depend upon their overall performance in the computer-based exam and personality test.
Once the entire process of UPSC CMS 2017 Examination will get over, the scores obtained by the candidates will be disclosed.
For more information on exams, click here