The Supreme Court has appointed a three-member inquiry commission to inquire into the encounter killing of the four accused in the Telangana gang-rape and murder case.
The commission headed by former apex court judge V S Sirpurkar also includes former Bombay High Court judge Rekha Sondur Baldota and ex-CBI director D R Karthikeyan.
The commission will submit its report to the Supreme Court in six months and security to the commission shall be provided by the CRPF.
A bench headed by Chief Justice S A Bobde stayed proceedings pending in the Telangana High Court and the NHRC in the case and sought an SIT report into the case, saying no other authority shall inquire into the matter pending before the commission of inquiry till further orders.
At the outset the bench was of the view that there should be impartial inquiry into encounter deaths of the four accused.
1. 3-member inquiry commission will inquire into Telangana encounter
commission headed by former apex court judge V S Sirpurkar
2. Former Bombay HC judge Rekha S. Baldota & ex-CBI director DR Karthikeyan – members of Commission.
2. commission will submit its report to SC in 6 months
3. CJI seeks SIT report in the case
4. CJI: no other authority shall inquire into the matter
5. 4 accused were shot dead on NH-44 near Hyderabad