Saudi Arabia has cut oil and gas production following drone attacks on two major oil facilities run by state-owned company Aramco.
Saudi’s Energy Minister said the strikes had reduced about 50 per cent of the total production. No casualties had been reported in the attacks and the situation was under control at both facilities.
Yemen’s Houthi rebels have claimed responsibility for the attacks. Yemeni Houthi rebel spokesman said it had deployed 10 drones in the attacks. He said further attacks could be expected in the future.
Meanwhile, Secretary of State Michael Pompeo blamed Iran for attacks on a massive Saudi Aramco oil facility, saying there was no evidence the drones originated in Yemen. Pompeo tweeted after the White House confirmed that President Donald Trump offered support for Saudi Arabia’s self-defense in a call on Saturday with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman.