IT sector as a Sector to Work in
Today Information technology (IT) is a major part of people’s lifestyles, businesses, products, and services. Its roots have spread into a billion different fields and industries worldwide. Having the right IT infrastructure for business or organization makes a great impact on the overall performance and outcomes. No matter what field you pursue or how you rank in your organization having basic knowledge in IT is highly beneficial to improve productivity and efficiency of work. Having a recognized certification from such a reputable company as CompTIA on your CV list showcases your proficiency in IT and will create a positive impression on your potential employer.
CompTIA Certifications Overview
CompTIA A Plus 220-1001 is renowned to be one of the pioneers in the world of IT certifications and research in technology. CompTIA takes pride in its community that comprises some of the experts and top-level executives in the industry. As a vendor-neutral certification provider, individuals are given much higher freedom and range to their career pathways. Through their certification series,’ CompTIA caters to professionals of different knowledge standards from beginner to expert. Some of its most popular and in-demand certifications include CompTIA ITF+, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Linux+, CompTIA CASP+ among many.
In this article, we’ll focus our attention on the CompTIA A+ credentials as it equips you with the core skills and knowledge to grow your career in IT.
The A+ certification is suitable for anyone looking for foundational knowledge in computing.
To earn this certification, you need to pass two exams either 900 series exams (220-901 and 220-902) or the new ones, known as 1000 core series (220-1001 and 220-1002). The new tests cover broader topics than the previous ones. Thus, 220-1001 will test you on the knowledge and ability to work with cloud computing as well as virtualization. And 220-1002 test checks more in-depth knowledge and skills of security and software troubleshooting.
Since today some level of competency in IT is a necessity in the majority of the jobs having A+ certification is a plus point to your profile. The CompTIA A+ credential is considered to be a one-stop multi-skill validation as it certifies a variety of skills such as:
- Operating Systems
- Software Troubleshooting
- Mobile Devices
- Operational Procedures
- Hardware & Network Troubleshooting
- Virtualization & Cloud Computing
Since it was first introduced way back in 1993 CompTIA A+ has earned the trust of some of the biggest tech companies in the world including Intel, Ricoh, Nissan, HP, Dell among others. This acknowledgment by the world best gives you much more confident about your credentials over other less accepted certifications available in the IT market.
Career Opportunities with A+ credentials
Although CompTIA is considered to be an entry-level certification it is used in various roles in and of itself. Some of the jobs that require A+ skills are:
- Service Desk Analyst – Involves troubleshooting issues of hardware and software that are put forward by users. In the United States, the average annual salary for this role is $45,470 and this number may shift up and down based on work experience, formal education, etc.
- Technical Support Specialist – Your responsibilities would be to provide technical support to connectivity problems, slow performance, accessibility issues, to mention a few faced by customers. The average annual salary is around $48,000 and largely dependent on the factors mentioned above.
- Data Support Technician – Typical job involves collecting, analyzing, and recovering information. Managing data in databases and spreadsheets, troubleshooting, and utilizing data visualization software are some of the skills required in this position. The average annual salary is $54,076.
- System Support Specialist – Responsibilities involve diagnosing hardware, software, and operator problems and instruct end-users accordingly. The average salary in the US is $54,000 per annum.
- Desktop Support Administrator – Job specification generally includes addressing issues in PC/laptops and other related peripherals such as printers and scanners. The average annual salary in the US is $46,532.
There are several other positions that haven’t been mentioned above and nowadays most jobs and tasks involved are outsourced to freelance companies. As the CompTIA A+ certification is recognized by most of the leading freelancing companies like Upwork and Freelancer you can endorse your skills on these sites to pursue a freelancing career as well.
Top Resources for CompTIA A+ Exam Success
Now, let’s see how you can be A+ certified on your first try. For that, visit the vendor’s official website first. To make the process easier for you, below, you’ll find the compilation of the best tools and resources you can use to ace 220-1001 and 220-1002 exams and increase your productivity at work:
- Virtual labs, Study guides, Video and Instructor-led training– are the main options to opt for as they are provided by CompTIA
- Exam labs– One of the best web resources you can use to practice for the IT certification exams. Being a relaible provider of exam dump it’s popular among exam takers. Here you can obtain a bunch of high-quality exam dumps for your A+ tests. These files can be run on Vumingo ETE Software which simulates the actual exam interface. This modern tool helps familiarize yourself with the exam structure and monitor the progress in your practice sessions. Adopting this method is beneficial for controlling anxiety and time management. Moreover, you can get the video course led by the IT experts that share valuable information on your certification tests that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Amazon- a great platform to find official Study guides and additional useful books to prepare for A+ certification exams.
A career in the IT sector is lucrative and highly sought after by millions of individuals and professionals. Certifications are one key element that helps employers filter out the skilled and the best-suited candidates. CompTIA A+ is a certification that will give you a competitive edge in your wish to pursue a career in the IT sector. Now, with upcoming platforms like Exam labs and the high-quality exam dumps that it provides, you’ll ace your certification exams on your first trial.