The Intensified Mission Indradhanush 2.0 has been launched to focus on 272 districts of 27 states and 652 blocks of Uttar Pradesh and Bihar among hard-to-reach and tribal populations.
The program aims to escalate efforts to achieve the goal of attaining 90% national immunization coverage across India. The Intensified Mission Indradhanush immunization drive will consist of four rounds of immunization. The program will be completed by March 2020.
The salient features of IMI 2.0 are immunization activity will be in four rounds over seven working days. excluding the RI days, Sundays and holidays. Enhanced immunization session with flexible timing, mobile session and mobilization by other departments,” an official statement said.
Mission Indradhanush 2.0 Highlights:
– Immunization activity will be in 4 rounds
– Enhanced immunization session with flexible timing, mobile session & mobilization by other departments
– Enhanced focus on left outs, dropouts, and resistant families & hard to reach areas
– Focus on urban, underserved population and tribal areas
– Intensified Mission Indradhanush to be conducted till March 2020