Union Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Tuesday informed that he received a phone call from Haj & Umrah Minister of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Dr. Mohammad Saleh bin Taher Benten, suggesting not to send Haj pilgrims from India to Haj for this year.
Naqvi said that the entire world is facing challenges of the corona pandemic and Saudi Arabia has also been affected by it.
He said that 2,13,000 applications had been received for Haj 2020. The minister said, the process has been started today to immediately refund the full amount of money deposited by the applicants without any deduction. The money will be refunded through online DBT.