Being a happy, healthy adult is the key to have a better future. The good news is that millennials today know it very well. Amidst all the juggling, having an adequate will keep a safe back seat.
The research says that people between the age of 21-35 years are taking their health seriously. They have a better evaluation of their needs and protection. The study reveals specific statistics that 6 Millenials out of 10 are opting for health insurance schemes. Especially with the dawn of the digital era, more and more decisions by millennials are made by analyzing digital trends.
In the same way, with respect to their health, Millennials tend to go for health insurance policies to get a safe and secure cover.
The system of execution of health insurance policy is different for Millenials. These differences create distinction in choosing a health insurance policy. A millennial must keep the following points in mind before choosing a policy:
- Younger the candidate, lower the premium- The premium slab in case of health insurance policy takes a high jump with the increase in age. For instance, if at the age of 25, you are willing to purchase a health plan worth Rs. 5 lakhs, then you might just have to pay a premium of Rs 5000. The same policy will become expensive when you reach at the age of 35. No matter if there is any avowed change in your health situations.
- Illness bound with Desk-bound job- Once people start working, they keep sitting for long hours in their office. These sedentary jobs lead to health disorders at a tender age. People may begin having orthopaedic concerns at a really young age. That is why health cover at a younger age is necessary.
- Early Purchase means more benefits- In some cases, you might need to go through a waiting period for treatment of pre-existing diseases like surgeries and special treatment. You might not need to go for a surgery at a younger age, but at the older generation, you might need them urgently. Taking the policy now will help you make full utilization of the policy when you fall ill in the future.
Health insurance should be at the top of your priority list. Being insured you will also enjoy the benefits of getting free-checkups, discounted vaccinations etc. Here’s a list of 5 Health insurance policies millennials can apply for:
Max Bupa Health Companion Individual Plan
Max Bupa Health Companion Individual Plan offers comprehensive all-round health cover to the insured. This plan has three distinct variables of cover starting from Rs. 2 lakhs to Rs. 1 crore.
- Cashless treatment over 3500 hospitals.
- Complimentary health checkup facility.
- A cash allowance of Rs.1000 for 30 days of hospitalization.
- Avail discount on premium after 2 years of the policy period.
- Assured renewal of policy for life.
- Direct settlement of the claim.
- Income tax benefits on the premium, as per income tax act section 80 D.
Religare Care Health Insurance Plan
Religare Care Health Insurance Plan is an excellent health insurance scheme that bears the medical expenses of the policyholder in case of an injury, accident, or illness. The insurance amount ranges from 2 to 60 lacs.
- Annual health checkup for insureds regardless of claim history.
- Reduces PED wait period.
- Automatic claim recharge if the amount of claim exhausts, at no additional charges.
- Treatment all around the world.
- Daily allowance for incidental expenses.
- Cashless hospitalization.
- Tax benefits under Income tax act 1961, Section 80D.
- 5% discount on the 2-year policy term.
HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Gold Plan
HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Gold Plan is a quite affordable policy plan designed for the convenience of the Millenials. The sky’s the limit for this plan, as there is no restriction of age or hospital charges.
- Optimized health insurance plan at an economical premium cost.
- Coverage of AYUSH treatment without any sub-limits.
- Maternity coverage, along with the newborn baby cover after four years.
- Easy claim process with minimum document requirements.
- Lifelong plan renewability option.
- Convalescence benefit in case hospitalization is for more than ten days.
- Tax benefits under Section 80D of Income-tax act.
Bajaj Allianz Health Guard Plan
Bajaj Allianz Health Guard Plan makes sure that the insurance plan guards the insurer and the family against arm long medical bills. Te policy provides proper coverage in case of a medical emergency and makes sure proper care is provided without exhaustion of life long savings. One can invest 1.5 lakhs to 50 lakhs here.
- Covers the insurer and family.
- Covers pre and post-hospitalization expenses.
- Covers organ donor expenses.
- Covers AYUSH and homoeopathic treatment.
- Convalescence benefit.
- Provides daily cash benefits while in hospital.
- Maternity cover, along with coverage to the newborn child.
Aditya Birla Activ Assure Diamond Plan
Aditya Birla Activ Assure Diamond Plan was designed to not only provide protection against medical emergencies but also ensures that the insurer achieves a healthy state of living. The insurer can invest ranges from Rs. 2 lakhs to Rs. 2 crores.
- Cashless treatment in-network hospitals.
- Pre and post hospitalization cover.
- Daycare treatment cover.
- Covers AYUSH treatment.
- The insurer can get a discount on the premium.
- He/she Will get vaccination cover, road ambulance cover etc.
- Organ donor expenses cover.
In the age of uncertainty, it is very important to keep yourself insured. Millennials need to figure out their healthcare needs and current spendings to figure out the best insurance plan for them.