Chennai: Former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister O. Panneerselvam on Friday urged family members of the AIADMK legislators to advise them to vote against the confidence motion to be moved by Edappadi K. Palaniswami – the newly sworn-in Chief Minister – on Saturday.
In a statement, Panneerselvam appealed to the legislators now supporting Palaniswami to vote against the latter as the late Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa had fought against family rule in the state.
- OPS supporters protesting, taken into custody from various places
- “AIADMK is ruled by a family now” alleges the escaped MLA of Kovai Arun Kumar
- Leader of Opposition MK Stalin too reaches Secretariat. Karunanidhi not to attend the Tamil Nadu Assembly session
- MLAs to reach shortly. Congress meet underway to decide what to do
- Heavy Police deployment at Marina stretch till Secretariat. No protests allowed