JEE Advanced 2017 was successfully conducted on May 21, 2017. The difficulty level of the paper was moderate to difficult. Multiple answers type questions were slightly lengthy. However overall paper was more or less comparable to JEE of every year. The paper was held in offline mode.
IIT Madras will release the Official Answer Keys of JEE Advanced 2017 on June 4, 2017 for candidates, who have appeared in the entrance exam. Result comprising All India Rank (AIR) will be declared on June 11 (10 AM). Seat allotment for providing seats across IITs and ISM Dhanbad will be conducted between June 19 and July 17, 2017 (tentative).
Candidates having any objections will have two days to send their feedback or objections to the released answer keys of JEE Advanced. The exam was held in two slots and the timings were from-
Analysis of JEE Advanced Paper 1 – (h4)
Paper 1 – 09:00 to 12:00
- PHYSICS: Physics paper was very conceptual and difficult. Students took more than 1 hour for sure if they had to solve all the questions.
- CHEMISTRY: Paper was based on fundamentals but some questions were tricky also. Physical chemistry and organic chemistry questions were above moderate level. Few questions were considered slightly out of syllabus also. Physical, organic and inorganic had almost same weightage.
- MATHS: Math was tougher this time in comparison with that of last year. Few questions from calculus took more time than usual.
Analysis of JEE Advanced Paper 2 – (h4)
Paper 2 – 02:00 to 05:00
- PHYSICS: The paper was very conceptual and tough. On an average, the students were not able to complete it in one hour. One question in physics does not have any option correct.
- CHEMISTRY: Organic chemistry was tough. Physical and inorganic chemistry questions were of moderate level. Similar to paper 1 in this paper also some questions were tricky which required alertness and sound fundamentals.
- MATH: As compared to paper 1, paper 2 was a bit lengthy. No question was doubtful or ambiguous. Overall the difficulty level of JEE Advanced 2017 was higher as compared to previous years.
JEE Advanced 2017 Answer Key (h3)
JEE Advanced 2017 Answer Key will be accessible online after the exam. The answer key will be available for 3 subjects viz Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. With the help of JEE Advanced answer key 2017, every student has the option to estimate their approximate score. The official answer keys will be published at jeeadv.ac.in, so students can calculate the answer in their own way. Some coaching institutes also provide unofficial JEE Advanced Answer key 2017 which are made by their subject experts. Candidates can use the answer keys for the following reasons:
- To know the correct answer for the questions asked in the examination
- It requires to know the solved steps and answers for the questions
- To evaluate the candidate’s answers with the actual answer
Candidates can even challenge the answer key if they find any discrepancy. The challenges against the answer key will be referred to the exam board committees.
How to download JEE Advanced 2017 Answer Key? (h4)
In order to access JEE Advanced 2017 answer key, candidates have to visit the website and follow the steps:
- Visit the official website i.e. jeeadv.ac.in
- Enter the required credentials i.e. Application ID and Password.
- Then, click on submit button. JEE Advanced 2017 Answer Key will be displayed.
- Download the Answer key and match answer with your answer.
- Take a print out for future reference.
How to Challenge JEE Advanced 2017 Answer Key (h3)
To challenge the official JEE Advanced 2017 answer key, candidates have to follow the instructions given below:
- Candidates have to access the link (which will be provided on this page in the due course of time) and log in with their password.
- Candidates have to follow the instructions and give their feedback on the official answer key of JEE Advanced 2017
- Candidates will be able to raise their objection in regard to the answer key until June 6, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)
JEE Advanced 2017 Optical Response Sheet (ORS) (h3)
- The examination conducting authority, IIT Madras will scrutinize the ORS. The ORS of all candidates, who have appeared for both Paper 1 and Paper 2, will be displayed online, along with the machine-read responses.
- In case of any discrepancy in the response sheet, candidates can request for review of the machine-read responses. Candidates have to submit the request in the online mode.
- Candidates have to pay INR 500 per question to be reviewed. Detailed instructions and the mode of payment will be notified in due course of time.
JEE Advanced 2017 Paper Analysis (h3)
Overall, experts feel that all subjects were of similar difficulty level. Physics was relatively tough compared with Chemistry & Mathematics. Around 96 Marks can be considered easy overall, 118 marks Moderate and 158 marks are considered difficult in the paper. Moreover, it is felt that paper was of similar difficulty as last year.
In this analysis, we have rated every question on a scale of 1 to 3. The individual ratings are then averaged to calculate overall difficulty level.
|Subject||Paper 1||Paper 2||Total|
Difficulty Level Analysis: No of Questions
Difficulty Level Analysis: Marks Allocation
JEE Advanced 2017 Cut off (h3)
Cutoff is the minimum prescribed marks that candidates need to secure in each subject and in aggregate in JEE Advanced 2017. Only those candidates who will secure the minimum aggregate mark will be included in JEE Advanced 2017 rank list. JEE Advanced Cutoff 2017 will vary institute-wise, according to the category of candidate, number of available seats etc. As for the total marks, a candidate must obtain the below set marks to qualify:
- Total marks to obtain in Paper 1 and 2- 372 (186 in each paper)
- Total marks in Physics- 124 (62 each in Paper-1 and Paper-2)
- Total marks in Chemistry- 124 (62 each in Paper-1 and Paper-2)
- Total marks in Mathematics- 124 (62 each in Paper-1 and Paper-2)
Minimum Percentage of Marks Prescribed for Inclusion in the Rank List
|Rank List||Minimum Percentage of Marks in each Subject||Minimum Percentage of Aggregate Marks|
|Common Rank List||10.0||35.0|
|OBC-NCL Rank List||9.0||31.5|
|SC Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|ST Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|Common PwD rank List||5.0||17.5|
|OBC-NCL-PwD Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|SC-PwD Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|ST-PwD Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|Preparatory Course Rank list||2.5||8.75|
For more information on exams, click on http://exams.collegedunia.com/
Source- Sonal Rohatgi, Collegedunia.com