Tuesday , June 27 2017
Breaking News
Home / CAREER / CBSE could lower NEET Cut off to scale up Medical admissions

CBSE could lower NEET Cut off to scale up Medical admissions

In a recent meeting, Health Minister of Andhra Pradesh Kamineni  Srinivas requested Union Health Minister J P Nadda to lower National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET)Cut Off marks this year so that more number of candidates can qualify for different courses under NEET. The request for reduction in the NEET Cut Off has been taken into consideration by Union Minister. This move would definitely help in filling up the vacant seats, including those in paramedical coursesoffered by various government institutes.

Apart from the request to lower the NEET Cut off, the Health Minister also asked for another exam centre in Tirupati, for candidates belonging to Rayalaseema region. Presently, there are 2 exam centres in AP (Vijaywada and Vizag). In addition, he suggested to escalatesetting up of AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) at Mangalagiri.

Following ordinance passed in Supreme Court, candidates from Andhra Pradesh can now give NEET exam in Telugu language. NEET 2017 Admit Card is now available on the official website. Students can download it by entering registration number and Date of Birth. All the qualified candidates will be admitted as per NEET Cut Off and their position in Merit List. This year, however, as per analysis of last two years data, NEET 2017 Cut off is to rise by 15%.

NEET 2017 Cut Offalong with merit list will be released on the official website in the month of June after the results are out.The state-wise counselling procedure will begin after the release of Merit List. There are total 412 participating colleges with total of 52715 seats. 15% of these seats will be filled by All India Quota and remaining 85% of seats will be filled by respective State Counselling procedure.

Out of 412 medical colleges, merely 190 government colleges are there offering 25880 seats. For general category candidates, the NEET 2016 Cut Off for government medical college under all India quota was 468. This year, it is expected to increase by 1-2 %.

According to the previous year trends for MBBS Colleges, Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC) was the highest. The closing rank for MAMC for candidates belonging to General Category candidates in NEET 2016 was 41.OBC closing rank for MAMC in NEET 2016 was 189.

Qualifying Percentile refers to the percent of qualified candidates, belonging to the range of qualifying marks. Given below is the expected Cut Off marks for NEET 2017, based on previous 5 years of AIPMT Cut Off and NEET 2016 Cut Off.

  1. General Category (UR)- 360 – 50thPercentile
  2. Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribes (ST)/ Other Backward Classes (OBC)- 288 – 40thPercentile
  3. Physically Handicapped (PH)- 324 (UR), 288 (Reserved Category) – 45thPercentile

For more information, visit http://exams.collegedunia.com/

Source: Collegedunia.com

About editor

One comment

  1. student ko agar bonus de diya jata h unusual questions me to reneet ni hoga to bhi sare student satisfied honge ar rhi baat un student ki jo reneet chahte h to unka paper hi accha ni gya hoga to vo yesa bol re h