Tuesday , June 27 2017
Breaking News
Home / UDAIPUR / 7 injured after leaking LPG cylinder explodes, house collapse

7 injured after leaking LPG cylinder explodes, house collapse

Udaipur : Seven persons were injured when a leaking LPG cylinder caught fire, exploded and ignited combustible material in the house, resulting in a blaze that engulfed the house. The explosion was so intense that a portion of the building collapsed.There were multiple blasts after the fire broke out around 9 am in a double storey house in Madri area. Seven people including 3 children sustained burn injuries who are admitted in the civil hospital. Timely arrival of the fire fighters averted a more serious situation as there were 2 more cylinders inside the house when the mishap took place.

The house belonged to one Shankarlal Meghwal who lived in the upper portion while his tenant Narayanlal and family occupied the ground floor. Narayanlal’s wife was cooking in the kitchen and perhaps didn’t realize the gas cylinder was leaking. Suddenly the cylinder exploded with a large noise and caught fire. Electronic and household appliances have been charred to ashes, police said.

There were two more cylinders in the house, luckily the flames were doused in time by the fire fighters who arrived on time. The explosion caused the ceiling to collapse which came crashing on two vehicles that were parked inside. Shankarlal, his wife Kesar Bai, daughter Sonu and son Ashok, Narayanlal, his wife and 13 year old daughter Paras sustained burn injuries who were rushed to MB hospital and admitted in the burn ward. Two people are said to be serious. Collector Bishnu Charan Mallick, Mayor Chandra Singh Kothari visited the victims in the hospital.

About editor

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*